Thursday, June 28, 2012

A place where I can go

If there is somewhere I could drive to meet you, I would drive until the sun went down and the moon and stars disappear into tomorrow, just to see you.
If there is a long enough distances for me to run to finally meet you, I would run until I knew you were there.
If there is a path for me to walk on that leads me to your arms, I would walk until I could finally feel your embrace.
If there is a place I can go, somewhere, anywhere, I will go to be with you.  Eternally I will keep following you to this place.  A place where I'm no longer alone.  A place where I know you love me because I just know you do.  A place where I can finally rest.  The idea of rest makes me want to fall asleep and meet you in my dreams.  A place where I no longer yearn for you because I am there with you.  A place where dreams are the illusion, and you consume my thoughts.  A place where the father becomes the son, and the son becomes the father.  A place where I know the truth of my life.  A place where I become me; a me that has always been in your spoken words of truth.  A place where I stop and you begin.  A place I can call home.  A place where love is the only language to be spoken, thought, and enjoyed.  A place where my pace is no longer its own, but it's running with yours.  A place to know only my core, my soul, and the name you will call me.  A place to be a son.  A place to sit in your presence and be home.  If there is a place I can go, somewhere, anywhere, I'll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment