Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's a Problem

I had to do this stupid training for work the other day, well I thought it was stupid.  It was about lean thinking and how to perform your job better, I guess.  While I was trying to get myself to pay attention to the annoying person they had doing the voice for the training, I actually heard something that made so much sense to me out of nowhere.  It was talking about how we need to know what we are doing wrong to make progress, and we have to understand our problems to fix them and make things better.  If you don't have a problem, that's a problem.  That sentence really hit me.  I really sat and thought how I was raised to deal with problems, or difficulties that I will face.  I realized that I was shown frequently that when you have a problem with something or someone, you get rid of it or them and start over.  I never learned that problems can be good because you can grow something or make something better.  You can see problems and struggles and learn to correct them.  That's how life really works.  You can't afford to scrap everything and start over, especially the older you get.  I realized if I am to really believe in something at my core, which is what I would say I do with God, then I should reflect what I believe to be true.  What a disturbing thought that is.  I reflect a character that doesn't try very hard at most things, and gives up on the challenging and vulnerable tasks only to start all over again.  I don't think I would believe in God if that is what God was like.  I should grow in that relationship enough to learn that God hasn't given up or replaced me just because I have problems, or I am difficult to deal with.  God still loves me thoroughly because that is who God is.  He wants to deal with the problems to make a better me, but I have to be able to admit the problems to work them out.  I have to understand they exist to show me a different way than the one that consistently doesn't work.  It's a problem to not have problems, and I got problems.

1 comment:

  1. vulnerable and deep... I can totally relate on the whole journey of learning to work the messy and difficult stuff (especially challenging for me is relationships) rather than just jumping ship

    ReplyDelete