Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Regrets

I often wonder what it is that makes a person choose to be different under different circumstances.  I believe regret is one of the things that holds a part of the brain captive in making decisions that will change a person's life.  What is it that regret really does for a person's thought to discover that this decision might cause something a person will regret?  I think it is more important to recognize the regret and to travel backwards to what choices made this regret possible.  Finding out what happened before the decision that a person regrets is more crucial to making a better choice in the future than just focusing on the regret itself.  So also, when focusing on who do I want to be in life, I find it more helpful to focus on who do I not want to be in this life.  If a person can stick to that line of consciousness, I believe they will find the answers they are searching for.  Regrets often come and go, but who a person is in between those circumstances is what makes regret possible and what makes becoming who you don't want to be, who you shouldn't be, possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment