Monday, November 14, 2011

Fleeting moments

I might cry about something, and I might laugh about something. I might become angry over something, and I might become glad over something. All of these emotions last for a few fleeting moments in my mind; I can revisit them if I want to remember, but the thoughts only last for a few moments once again. One of the hardest things in life is revisiting a moment that has never stopped. An itch that doesn't get scratched, a hunger that goes on and never satisfied, a missing piece that is irreplaceable, not found. Longing for something or someone is the never fleeting moment that can only cease to repeat when I am ready to relinquish it to my provider. When I realize it is always going to be hard, and it will always be a part of my mind. I cannot control it, I cannot erase it, I cannot let it go, but I can love it and all it represents to me. I can grow with it to the end. It is a part of my life, and I will be a part of the life it exists in.

No comments:

Post a Comment